Green Rally as a part of Barum rally
26. 7. 2017 - Roman Ordelt
For the first time, the regularity drive with electric and hybrid vehicles is part of Barum Czech Rally Zlín. The development of alternative energy propulsion that could in the future replace combustion engines has been in the last couple of years one of the current trends in the world of cars. Barum rally would like to keep up with this trend so the organisers decided to hold such type of a rally competition. There has been for some time a competition called FIA Alternative Energies Cup and Green Rally resembles it in many ways.
'The regularity drive as part of Green Rally is only for crews with vehicles which have valid registration for public road traffic. These vehicles must have either electric motors or combine combustion engine and electric propulsion system known as hybrid cars. It is a unique opportunity for the fans to see on their own eyes cars that will eventually fill our roads,' Ing. Jan Regner said, director of Green Rally.
Green Rally is held on Saturday 26 August and on Sunday 27 August 2017. It is not a classical rally but a regularity rally during which the competing crews will pass some classical special stages of Barum rally spiced up with tasks. For Saturday only one route with two rounds in Březová is scheduled. And there will six more on Sunday. Starting in Březůvky, Biskupice and Luhačovice, where there will be a photocall of all crews then a tour of Luhačovice, a short stay in a wellness centre and lunch in a French restaurant in hotel Alexandria. For the afternoon remaining three stages Březůvky, Bohuslavice and Synot Auto are scheduled.
Fans in the centre of Zlín will not miss out on these cars, as the ceremonial finish and award ceremony is scheduled for the afternoon in the front of the City Hall before the finish of the best drivers of Barum Czech Rally Zlín. More information can be found on web page www.greenrally.cz.
Important dates of Green Rally:
• Application deadline: Sunday 6 August at 6 p.m.
• Release of the list of applicants: Monday 14 August at 6 p.m.
• Administrative scrutineering: Saturday 26 August at 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Zlín, square Náměstí Míru – City Hall, room no. 131)
• Ceremonial Start: Saturday 26 August at 6 p.m. (Zlín, square Náměstí Míru – in front of the City Hall)
• Green Rally Finish: Sunday 27 August at 3:20 p.m. (Zlín, square Náměstí Míru – in front of the City Hall)
• Awards ceremony: Sunday 27 August at 3:45 p.m. (Zlín, square Náměstí Míru – in front of the City Hall)